History of Immoglie.
San Valentino. In the early Middle Ages - until around 900 AD the hamlet of Immoglie was actually called San Valentino, complete with its own church and Benedictine Monastery in what was then the oldest monastic settlement in the diocese of Sora. Lost in the mists of memory for over 1,100 years since, it is not known if the village was named after the original San Valentino (St Valentine) or not, as there are actually 14 martyred saints of ancient Rome with the same name of Valentino (In Roman Latin the name is Valentius).
The saint most likely referred to here was born Feliciano in the year 176 AD in a village now called San Giovanni Profiamma just north of Terni now in Umbria. Terni is some 103 kilometres (64 miles) north of Rome. As a young man Feliciano studied in Rome then went home to preach and where at the age of just 21, in the year 197 AD he was consecrated a Bishop and Deacon of Terni. He was the first Bishop of Terni and since 1644 has been their sole Patron Saint.